Ph.D. Scholarship, The Department Biology of Ghent University, Belgium
Description: The Department Biology of Ghent University is looking for a PhD scholar. The candidate will involve in a research project funded by the Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) .This deals with the study of relationship between thermal and nutritional urban selection pressures in the garden spider. This will be further developed by an ongoing citizen-science project combined with an extended survey of prey availability and nutritional quality in a research platform in Flanders and the quantification of body colouration across urban gradients in Europe.
Disciplines: Evolution and Optics of Nanostructures, Terrestrial Ecology, Biology or any similar.
Qualifications: MSc degree linked to the subject area.
- Strong background in subjects like thermal, food web or urban ecology and evolution.
- Experience in conducting biological experiments and molecular analyses using arthropods.
- Experience in citizen science and science communication.
- Outstanding academic records.
- Excellent in English language.
Application procedure: Apply online using the link given below the post. Include following documents with the application
- CV and a cover letter
- List of publications
- Three references (include name and contact information)
|Subject areas||Evolution and Optics of Nanostructures, Terrestrial Ecology, Biology or any similar|
|Fellowship||According University norms|
|Eligibility||MSc degree linked to the subject area|
|Deadline||15 Mar 2021|