The Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems has doctoral and a postdoctoral position (m/f/d) available in Steffen Klamt’s. The group develops and applies algorithms and computational techniques for mathematical modeling and targeted modification of biological networks.
About the project:
- The main focus is the application of computational methods for the rational metabolic engineering of microorganisms to optimize biotechnological processes.
- For a research project (funded by The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)), combines innovative computational and experimental techniques to establish Zymomonas mobilis as an industrial platform microorganism
- Metabolic Engineering
- Systems Biology
- Synthetic Biology
- Biochemical Engineering / Biosystems Engineering
Experiences in the following areas are of particular advantage:
- Genetic engineering and bioreactor fermentations of Escherichia coli, Zymomonas mobilis or other prokaryotic microorganisms.
- Genetic toolbox development for prokaryotic organisms
- Strain development and metabolic engineering
- Basic Knowledge in mathematical modeling of metabolic networks or model-based metabolic engineering is not mandatory but would be a plus
Applicants to prepare a single PDF file and send it to email@example.com containing the following:
- An application letter
- A short statement of research interests
- A brief description of scientific achievements including a publication list (mandatory for Postdocs only)
- Contact information for two references
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems
Biotechnology, Metabolic Engineering, Microbiology, Genetics, Systems Biology, Synthetic Biology, Biochemical Engineering / Biosystems Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||December 31, 2019|