PhD in The Effect Of Climate Change On Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functions in Ponds, KU Leuven, Belgium
Description: A PhD position is open at the Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology, Evolution and Conservation in the research group under the EU Horizon 2020 project PONDERFUL. The main aim is to develop improved methods for maximizing the use of ponds and pond scapes in climate change adaptation and mitigation, biodiversity conservation and the delivery of ecosystem. Also to increase understanding of the ways in which ponds, as a Nature-Based Solution (NBS), can help society to mitigate and adapt to climate change, protect biodiversity and deliver ecosystem services.
Tasks Involved: The project contains extremely standardized field studies and targeted case studies, which helps in investigating, interactions and feedbacks between pond biodiversity, ecosystem services and climate change.
- Quantifying the importance of ponds for protecting freshwater biodiversity at multiple spatial scales.
- Evaluate how pond biodiversity is associated with local environmental conditions.
- Check out how pond biodiversity is associated with regional and spatial drivers (climate, land scape connectivity, and land use intensity).
- The applicant will analyze the practical work and publish the results.
Disciplines: Ecology, Biology, Bio-Engineering, Environmental Science or any related areas.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in any one of the field.
- Highly motivated and ambitious.
- An outstanding academic record, work ethics.
- Strong interest in Meta Community, Ecology.
- European Union associated master’s degree (EER – Switzerland) in biology or similar (bio-engineers, environmental sciences) is essential.
- An excellent command in English (both spoken and written).
- A driving license for cars is highly recommended.
Application procedure: Submit the duly filled application through online. Link is given below the post.
|Subject areas||Ecology, Biology, Bio-Engineering, Environmental Science or any related areas
|Fellowship||According to University norms|
|Eligibility||Master’s Degree in any one of the field|
|Deadline||31 March 2021|