The Department of Information Security and Communication Technology at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a PhD Candidate in Cryptography. The candidate will work in the general areas of privacy-preserving computation, lattice-based cryptography and post-quantum cryptography. This will be under the supervision of Dr. Anamaria Costache, in the cryptography team at NTNU.
- The qualification requirement is that you have completed a master’s degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) with a strong academic background in theoretical computer science, mathematics or equivalent education with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale.
- Preference will be given to candidates holding degrees in the areas mentioned, and/ or to candidates that already have a background in cryptography.
- The ideal candidate will have some research experience already, in the form of a research master’s thesis, or research essay.
- Candidate must have good written and oral English skills.
Apply online and the application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas.
- Research plan or project proposal (around one page).
- Academic works that you would like to be considered in the assessment. Here you can attach documents such as research works or essays written during your degree(s), or any peer-reviewed paper published or in submission. Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
- Name and e-mail addresses of at least two referees.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Information Technology, Computer Science,|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||25th January 2021|
- Total Jobs 18 Jobs
- Address Norway