The Faculty of Science, Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences at University of Amsterdam (UvA) is inviting applications for a PhD position in ProFroMa – Characterizing ProteoForms up to Megadaltons.
About the position:
- In this project, the selected candidate will be working on the development of cutting-edge methods for large proteoforms characterization, including:
- new chemistries and morphologies of liquid chromatography materials for the chemical resolution of intact polyforms and complexes
- multidimensional LC approaches
- MS and MS/MS methods to characterize large polyforms at the molecular level.
- The method developed will be used to characterize intact proteoforms in human immunology and enzymology, collaborating with various research partners (e.g. VU, LUMC, DSM, MSvision).
- Applicant must be holding recent MSc degree in Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology.
- A strong background in analytical chemistry.
- Experience with liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Data analysis experience (e.g. R or MATLAB) are a plus.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Strong initiative and good time management skills.
Apply online and applications should include:
- A motivation letter
- CV, including a list of publications
- The names of two referees
|Organization||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 September 2021|
- Total Jobs 62 Jobs
- Address Netherlands