PhD candidate in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Faculty of Science – Van ‘t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences
Vacancy number: 18-783
The Fernández-Ibáñez group is currently offering a PhD position on an exciting research program, which was funded by the NWO (ECHO grant) ‘Catalytic efficient methods for inter- and intramolecular Fujiwara-Moritani reactions’.
The objective of the present research program is directed towards the discovery and development of a general and efficient Pd(II)-based catalytic system for the (asymmetric) inter-and intramolecular C-H olefination of non-prefunctionalized (herero)arenes.
What do we require of you?
- MSc. degree in a relevant subject related to organic chemistry. If you have not finished your Masters yet, you can still apply.
- excellent lab skills and background in organic synthesis are essential;
- skills and experience in catalysis and organo-metallic chemistry will be beneficial;
- being able to work both independently and as a team member;
- good communication skills in the English language.
Starting Date: The desired start date of the project is in April 2019 but excellence prevails over starting date.
Type: The full-time appointment (38 hours per week) will be on a temporary base for a maximum period of 04 years (18 months plus a further 30 months after a positive evaluation) and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis).
Fellowship: €2,325 in the first year to €2,972 in the final year.
You may apply using the online portal (See below).
Please upload the following information in a single PDF file (not zipped):
- cover letter/letter of motivation (at most 1 page),
- curriculum vitae, including list of publications;
- names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.
|University of Amsterdam
|As per rules
|28 February 2019