Ph.D. (Doctoral fellowship) in the field of Engineering Science at the University of Luxembourg.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
The Faculty of Science, Technology, and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences, and Medicine.
Job Reference: UOL04085
The Selected Ph.D. student will work under the guidance of a professor on a research theme in Environmental assessment of building structures and will also contribute to education in Steel/Composite Construction to a certain extent.
- The ArcelorMittal Chair of Steel construction researches in steel- and steel composite structures and innovative solutions that reduce environmental impact and support the rational use of natural resources in the building and construction sector.
- Circular reusable structures open scenarios and challenges for more sustainable buildings that aim to reduce or eliminate their impacts on the environment.
- The research will work out possible projections concerning the construction market development and combine them with different building construction- and circularity assumptions to obtain scenarios for the future carbon emissions savings.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Diploma or Master degree in Civil / Environmental Engineering or any other related field OR equivalent degree in engineering
- Knowledge in Life-Cycle analysis
- Willingness to enroll as PhD-student
- Basic competence in the laboratory and analytical work (advantageous)
- Language: English (and German or French)
- Fellowship: Monthly as per University norms
- Contract Type: Initial 36 months fixed-term contract – renewable for up to 48 months (depending on thesis progress evaluation)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours / Week
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (Updated CV)
- Cover letter
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates
- Reference letters, Publications, Master Thesis (optional)
The candidates should apply ONLINE formally through the HR system (Link given at the end of the post). Applications by email will not be considered. Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception.
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Subject areas||Civil / Environmental Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||As Per University norms|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open till Filled|