Community Grenoble Alpes University and the Doctoral school Earth, Planetary and Environmental Sciences offer PhD fellowship.
- Experimental Geochemistry
- Water-Rock Interactions
- Hydrothermal Processes
About the project:
- The project is financed by the French ANR OASIS.
- The PhD work aims at exploring fluid-rock alteration processes thought to occur in the subsurface of icy planetary moons, using both experimental and modeling approaches.
- The project will be carried out in an interdisciplinary environment, in close collaboration with LPG (Nantes) and CRPG (Nancy), as well as other European laboratories that offer complementary analytical facilities and expertise.
Fellowship value: 1500 € Net / month
Duration: 36 months
Starting date: 02 October 17
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Geology, Chemistry or Physics by July 2018.
- Applicant must be highly motivated with a general interest in planetary science, geochemistry and hydrothermal processes.
- Applicant must possess experience in experimental laboratory and analytical work; background in both organic and inorganic chemistry, as well as thermodynamics.
- Applicant must be fluent in English; knowledge of French is not mandatory.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Community Grenoble Alpes University|
|Subject areas||Geology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Fellowship amount||1500 € Net / month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|