The Faculty of Science and Technology at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a vacant 3-year PhD position related to the development of multi-organism system (fungi-fungi and/or fungi-algae) for the bioconversion of mixed substrates with zero-waste and zero-carbon footprint.
About the project:
The PhD project will focus on:
- Performing screening of co-cultivation of single organisms (fungi, algae and yeast) to find 2 or 3 the best multi-organism systems. For the screening high-throughput FTIR and Raman spectroscopy will be applied.
- Make use of data science methods for establishment of calibration models for estimation of multiple metabolites products and substrates consumption for the multi-organism system.
- The knowledge and technology developed in points 1 and 2 will be the basis for the upscaling a multiple-organisms cultivation process with zero waste and zero-carbon footprint;
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Biotechnology / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering.
- Fluent English both written and oral
- Experience in working with algae, yeast, filamentous fungi
- Experience in working with bioreactors, being independent in performing fungal fermentations
- Experience with lipid extraction and lipid analysis by GC-FID
- Experience with infrared spectroscopy or infrared imaging
- Some knowledge in multivariate data analysis
Apply online and applications should include:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full publication list
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts of academic records (all certified),
- List of two persons who may act as references (with phone numbers and e-mail addresses).
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||7th September 2020|
- Total Jobs 51 Jobs
- Address Norway