The Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED) at the University of Oslo (UiO) is offering a PhD Research Fellowship position in Planetary Sciences.
Duration: 4 years
Starting date: no later than 01.10.2019
- Mars a habitable planet?
- Earth-like exoplanets
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree or equivalent in Planetary Sciences, Astrophysics, Space Physics, Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry or an otherwise related field
- Foreign completed degree (M.Sc.-level) corresponding to a minimum of four years in the Norwegian educational system
- Experience in working with either Planetary Sciences or Exoplanet Research is a requirement
- Candidates without a Master’s degree have until 30 June, 2019 to complete the final exam.
- The Master’s thesis must have the grade B or better in the Norwegian educational system
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
How to apply
Apply online and the application must include:
- Cover/application letter – statement of motivation and research interests, including a brief reasoning which is the favorite of the two topics
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of the original Master’s degree diploma, transcripts of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
|Organization||University of Oslo|
|Subject areas||Planetary Sciences, Astrophysics, Space Physics, Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||12th June 2019|