PhD Fellowship at Warsaw University of Life Science: Prof Magdalena Król from Department of Physiological Sciences at the Warsaw University of Life Science is seeking applications for PhD students to work on ERC Starting Grant on the project entitled “Entrapment of hypoxic cancer by macrophages loaded with HAP”.
Objectives: The goal of the project is:
- To study and optimize new biological tools
- Immune cells that deliver anticancer drugs.
- Project based on discovery of a new physiological mechanism by which immune cells efficiently uptake box-like natural proteins and transfer these protein to cancer cells.
- Immune cells used in this project migrate to the hypoxic regions of solid tumours and their metastases.
- In the next step protein boxes will be loaded with anticancer agents and administer them to immune cells that deliver drugs to the tumours.
Funding Agency: The project will be conducted in cooperation with
- Medical University of Warsaw (animal facility),
- University of Warsaw (PET/SPECT facility)
- University “La Sapienza” of Rome(Italy).
We are looking for talented and highly motivated PhD students.
- Conducting laboratory research, including cell culture (cancer cell lines and immune cells of mouse and human origin) and performing experiments on murine tumour models.
- Preparing of scientific documentations (plans, protocols, lab-books).
- Writing reports and public presentation of the results.
- Writing scientific publications.
- Fluent English both in speaking and writing.
- MSc degree in biology, biotechnology, pharmacy.
- Experience in molecular biology, immunology, cell biology,
- experience in laboratory animals (mouse).
- Experience with flow cytometry, RT-PCR, confocal microscopy will be a strong asset.
- High motivation, creativity and analytical thinking.
- Ability to work independently, good organization and communication skills.
– Salary about 1 000 Euro/month for a period of 48 months (starting from 01.01.2017)
Application should be send via e-mail to Prof. Magdalena Król firstname.lastname@example.org
(Include in the e-mail subject: “ERC/McHAP: PhD student)
The application should contain the following documents/information:
- CV showing experience and scientific achievements of the candidate.
- Motivation letter.
- Copy of the MSc diploma.
- Two reference list from supervisors and their contact details.