The Department of Mathematical Sciences at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is keen to support excellent and highly motivated candidates within any of the Department’s main research disciplines. The vacant PhD fellowships are intended to give promising candidates an opportunity to pursue research at an advanced level leading to a doctoral degree.
About the position:
- Preference will be given to candidates who speak Norwegian or another Scandinavian language due to the need for teaching assistance in several of the introductory mathematics courses.
- The PhD fellows who speak a Scandinavian language will be employed for 4 years with teaching and other duties of approximately 25% of the total available time.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree within one of the research areas covered by the Department, or a corresponding education.
- Applicants requires an average grade of A or B within a scale of A-E for passing grades (A best) for the last two years of the MSc, and C or higher for the BSc.
- Applicants in M.Sc. final year are also invited to apply. Employment will then be postponed until the master’s degree is finished.
- The applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language must document a thorough knowledge of English (equivalent to a TOEFL score of 600 or more).
Apply online and the application must include the following:
- A project plan written together with a potential advisor in the department.
- Information about education background and work experience.
- Any relevant publications.
- Certified copies of relevant transcripts and diplomas.
- Contact information for at least two references.
- Documentation of fluency in the English language.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Deadline||1st February 2020|
- Total Jobs 42 Jobs
- Address Norway