PhD Fellowship in Astrophysics (red quasars Niels Bohr Institute), University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
The PhD project is related to a program funded by the Independent Research Fund Denmark called “Quasars in or behind dusty regions”. The purpose is to study the quasar population with a range of complementary approaches including machine learning with input from public photometric surveys and astrometric information from the Gaia satellite.
The Ph.D. Program
Option A: A three-year full-time study within the framework of the regular Ph.D. program (5+3 scheme), if you already have an education equivalent to a relevant Danish master’s degree.
Option B: An up to five-year full-time study program within the framework of the integrated MSc and PhD program (the 3+5 scheme).
Option A: Getting into a position on the regular Ph.D. program
Qualifications needed for the regular program
You must have completed a degree program, equivalent to a Danish master’s degree (180 ECTS/3 FTE BSc + 120 ECTS/2 FTE MSc) related to the subject area of the project, e.g. physics or astrophysics.
Option B: Getting into a position on the integrated MSc and PhD program
Qualifications needed for the integrated MSc and Ph.D. program
If you do not have an education equivalent to a relevant Danish master´s degree, you might be qualified for the integrated MSc and Ph.D. program.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Professional qualifications relevant to the Ph.D. project
- Relevant publications
- Relevant work experience
- Other relevant professional activities
- The curious mindset with a strong interest in astrophysics
- Good English language skills
Your application including all attachments must be in English and submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
Please include the following documents:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- Your motivation for applying for the specific Ph.D. project
- Curriculum vitae including information about your education, experience, language skills, and other skills relevant for the position
- Original diplomas for Bachelor of Science or Master of Science and transcript of records in the original language,
- Publication list (if possible)
- Reference letters (if available)
Application deadline: 3 October 2021.
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||3rd of October, 2021|