The Photon Science Institute (PSI) is a multi-disciplinary research centre in which physicists, chemists, engineers and material scientists use light to enable science as well as to develop new ways of generating, manipulating and detecting it.
About the position:
- We are seeking a highly skilled and ambitious individual to manage and deliver internationally-leading research on the P-NAME in collaboration with users at the UoM, from UK academia and industry, and with international partners.
- Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the facility.
- You will have a degree (or a relevant equivalent qualification) in a physical sciences or engineering discipline and a postgraduate degree (or equivalent), and/or significant practical experience, in using an ion-beam technology for material doping, material modification or analysis.
- A track record of working on complex, multi-disciplinary research projects with multiple partners in academia or industry is required, as is experience of preparing technical reports.
- You will be self-motivated, flexible and able to manage their own workload, work to deadlines, and to solve operational problems through the use of initiative and innovation. Experience of running a user facility is desirable.
How to apply:
- Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
- Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Professor Richard Curry, Director of the Photon Science Institute
|Organization||University of Manchester|
|Subject areas||Science and Engineering|