PhD position in Chemistry, Umeå University: PhD position in Chemistry with focus on Urban Systems Sustainability at the Umeå University.
The successfully selected PhD candidate will mainly address research questions related to the environmental systems engineering.
- Conduct research to build a modeling framework for conducting a comprehensive environmental performance assessments of services (e.g. water, transport, energy, wastewater treatment) associated with urban system such as a city.
- The outcome of this research will be a key enabler to understand:
- drivers for maximizing the environmental performance of an urban systems;
- Role of environmental sustainability in maximizing social welfare; and
- Role of urban systems sustainability in building circular economy of a nation.
- Bachelors / master’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, environmental engineering, sustainable engineering or bordering fields, or some other related subject
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others.
- Understanding on conducting mass and energy balances
- Use of holistic sustainable assessment tools such as life cycle assessment, carbon and energy footprint analysis etc. will be advantageous.
Familiarity with engineering related computer programming (e.g. Matlab) is highly desirable.
Application Procedure: Applications are to be made online on or before August 19th, 2016.
The application must consist of a the following
- curriculum vitae,
- Academic records including diplomas and report cards of all University-level classes.
- Cover letter and
- A statement of purpose describing the applicant’s motivation to apply for the position.
Contact information of a least 2 references must also be included.
Further information is given by
Assistant Professor Venkata Krishna Kumar Upadhyayula,: firstname.lastname@example.org, and
Professor Mats Tysklind, Email:email@example.com.
Deadline: Apply no later than August 19th 2016.