The Department of Chemistry is seeking creative PhD fellows in organic chemistry for a period of 4 years, on a project involving the development of novel therapeutics to overcome antibacterial resistance.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in a relevant subdiscipline of chemistry at the time of taking up the position.
- A strong academic record, and motivation and potential for conducting research, as evidenced through transcripts and academic works
- Previous experience with organic synthesis
- Documented proficiency in English that satisfies the Norwegian Higher Education Entrance Qualification, either as a native language, via undergraduate education in a Nordic or certain other countries, or by test scores as described here.
- Documented interest in applications of chemistry in biology and medicine
- Teaching experience
- Awareness of aspects of medicinal chemistry
- Willingness to work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary manner
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
Your application must include:
Qualification with a Master’s degree is required before commencement. For those who are near to completion of their Master’s degree, submit a draft version of the thesis and a letter from your university confirming the planned date of examination.
You must have fulfilled all requirements (and passed all examinations) for the Master’s degree before the planned commencement date.
- Cover letter explaining how you fulfil the above criteria, citing relevant skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts, including Diploma Supplement for completed degrees from EU universities (and applicants from non-EU universities are advised to attach an explanation of the grading system)
- Documentation of English language proficiency. If not otherwise exempt, documentation of English language proficiency for PhD-studies, with a recommended minimum score of 6.5 on each part of the IELTS test, or minimum scores of 22, 22, 22 and 25 (reading, listening, speaking and writing, respectively) on the TOEFL test.
- 2 references, including contact details
- A copy of your Master’s thesis (representing at least 30 ECTS or one full semester load), and any other academic works.
Documentation may be submitted in English or a Scandinavian language. We are only able to consider applications submitted electronically.
|CLOSING DATE||31st May 2020|
|Subjects||Organic Synthesis, Chemistry|
|Associate Professor Marius M. Hauglandemail@example.com|
|Employer||UiT The Arctic University of Norway|