United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER) offers Visiting PhD Fellowship (formerly known as PhD Internship Programme). The programme gives registered PhD students an opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.
Duration: 3 months
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- Applicant must possess fluency in oral and written English and have good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
- Applicants who are living or working in developing countries and who are at later stages of the PhD will be preferred.
- travel grant
- medical insurance
- monthly stipend of EUR 1,600 to cover living expenses in Helsinki
- The programme does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- Applications to be submitted online.
- Applications for the PhD Internship Programme twice each year.
- Deadlines for submission of applications are 31 March and 30 September 23:59 UTC+3 each year.
- When applying in September, you would be visiting in the period February-June of the following year and when applying in March, you would be visiting in the period August-November of the same year.
United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER)
|Fellowship amount||EUR 1,600/month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 March and 30 September (annually)|