PhD Position, Business Analytics for Operations Management, KU Leuven, Belgium
This projects main target is to develop a smart innovative design of work, integrating decisions about labour flexibility. Also digitization, automation and real-time adaptability. It will support a better balance of workload within and between individuals. An improved human technology collaboration, to improve working conditions (fairer distribution of work, more work variety and less workload peaks) and their social impact (less stress, staff fall-outs and safety critical human errors). This will benefit organizations and the society in employee retention, productivity and quality. Our aim is to develop concepts, innovations, and tools applicable to a wide range of control room settings in a safety-critical environment on a 24/7 basis.
Disciplines: Computer Science, Commercial Engineering, Applied Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Optimization or a related field.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in any one of the above field.
- Solid analytical skills and a commitment to research excellence.
- Good team-spirit and communicative skills.
- Research interests in operations management (digital operations, optimization, decision support, statistical and machine learning algorithms).
- Excellent in English and have basic proficiency in French / Dutch.
- Information of STATA, MATLAB, Python and/R is a beneficial.
Application procedure: Submit the completely filled application to the link given below. Attach curriculum vitae in a PDF file.
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Commercial Engineering, Applied Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Optimization or a related field|
|Fellowship||According to University rules and regulations|
|Eligibility||Master’s Degree in any one of the above field|
|Deadline||August 31, 2021|