The Centre for Scalable Data Access (SIRIUS), Department of Informatics at University of Oslo (UiO) has PhD Research Fellow position in Cloud computing and proactive adaptation.
About the position:
- The position is in the context of a new project, funded by the European Commission within the Horizon 2020 program, called MORPHEMIC: Modelling and Orchestrating heterogeneous Resources and Polymorphic applications for Holistic Execution and adaptation of Models In the Cloud.
- The fellowship period is 3 years and devoted to carrying out research in the context of the MORPHEMIC project.
- The research is conducted in collaboration with other 11 partners of the project throughout Europe, both from academia and industry.
- The main goal of the announced PhD position is to conduct research on supporting the proactive adaptation of Cloud applications.
- It will be achieved through dynamic computation of utility functions based on the current and future state of the applications and their requirements given in the form of high-level policies.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science. Foreign degrees (M.Sc.-level) must correspond to a minimum of four years in the Norwegian educational system.
- Applicants must also be able to demonstrate interest in scientific research.
- Applicant must have strong background in distributed computing, machine learning, and optimization.
- It is desireable that the candidate has good knowledge about the MELODIC platform and the CAMEL modelling language
How to apply:
Apply online and the application must include:
- Cover letter – statement of motivation and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of the original Bachelor and Master’s degree diploma, transcripts of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||22nd March 2020|