The section of statistics and data science of the mathematics department at KU Leuven is inviting applications for a PhD position in Data Science for Business Applications.
About the Project:
- methods for reliable sparse analysis of (ultra) high-dimensional heterogeneous data by means of linear models, generalized linear models, principal component analysis, classification, graphical models and others;
- methods for anomaly detection that can reliably detect both cellwise and casewise outliers;
- methods for causal learning in the presence of anomalies;
- methods for cost-sensitive learning and the bridge between cost-sensitivity and robustness;
- applications of new methods and techniques in the fields of chemometrics, insurance, fraud detection, and credit risk in collaboration with experts from the field;
- Applicant must have a master degree in mathematics, statistics, data science, computer science, artificial intelligence, engineering or an equivalent degree, with at least the grade of distinction;
- Applicant must have a good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
How to apply:
- Apply online
Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 15, 2021|