A PhD student position is vacant at Food and Nutrition Science, Biology and Biological Engineering divisions at Chalmers University of Technology.
About the project:
- The overall project aim is to explore small pelagic fish species (herring, sprat) as food protein sources.
- Focus will be on studying different techniques for recovery of mince or protein ingredients from the whole or gutted fish, for example pH-driven solubilization and isoelectric precipitation. Important parts will then be evaluation of nutritional and technofunctional properties of the ingredients as well as new strategies for formulation and stabilization against oxidation.
- It is expected that the PhD-project will deliver new types of marine protein ingredients to meet the ongoing protein shift.
- Full-time temporary employment.
- The position is limited to a maximum of five years.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s level degree in BioScience, Food Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Applicant must be fluent in English in writing and speaking and strong communication and analytical skills.
- Experience from work with (marine) proteins, protein isolation, nutrient analyses and protein functionality would be advantageous.
- Applicant must have completed courses on M.Sc level within Food Science, Analytical chemistry, Biotechnology, Food structure and function, Food Physics, Polymer Science, Food technology, Rheology and Process technology.
Apply online and the application should be marked with Ref 20210104 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files, as below:
- CV, previous employments or leadership qualifications and positions of trust, two references that we can contact.
- Personal letter (1-3 pages): Introduction, describe previous experience of relevance for the position (e.g. education, thesis work and, if applicable, any other research activities), describe future goals and future research focus
- Copies of bachelor and/or master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades and other certificates, e.g. TOEFL test results.
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
BioScience, Food Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||5 April 2021|
- Total Jobs 43 Jobs
- Address Sweden