The Department of Environmental Sciences at the University of Basel is inviting application for a 4-year PhD position (100%) is available in the group of Plant Ecology and Evolution.
About the position:
- Working with a few alpine and lowland plant species, the student will perform field surveys on species distribution, population genetic analyses and the study of selection in nature.
- Fieldwork will be an important part of the project and take place in Switzerland, in collaboration with research partners at other Swiss universities.
- Candidates should have an enthusiastic interest in plants, their ecology and evolution, and a strong background in quantitative thinking, experimental design, statistical analysis/bioinformatics, and rearing plants.
- Applicants must have a university degree in Natural Sciences that allows entrance to a PhD program (ideally in ecology or evolutionary biology), and very good organizational, analytical, and scientific writing skills.
- Applicants should have a driver’s license.
Apply online and applicants should submit:
- Letter that summarizes interests and relevant experience (one-page)
- Copies of undergraduate and masters/diploma transcripts
- Contact information of two references
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences, Ecology, Evolutionary Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 15, 2021|