The Department of Food Technology, Safety and Health at Ghent University have open PhD in Applied Biological Sciences. The position offers and expected candidate to take a responsible and devoted role in studying microbial colonization of micro and nanoplastics (MNP) by pathogens and characterization of virulence, toxin production, antibiotic resistance and uptake into foods. The selected candidate will be working under the supervision of Prof. Andreja Rajkovic.
- Applicant must hold Master in Food safety and toxicology, toxicology and Environmental Health, Bioscience Engineering: Food science and nutrition, Bioscience Engineering: Cell and Gene Biotechnology
- Theoretical knowledge and experience in laboratory techniques pertinent to applied bacteriology (classical food microbiology, molecular biology methods such as real time PCR analysis).
- Applicant have strong interest or passion for biological data generation and data interpretation; Advanced use of MS Excel, MS Power Pont and MS Word.
- Candidate with the theoretical knowledge and practical experience with gene expression studies, sequencing, molecular cloning, antibiotic resistance, in-vitro cell culture work and use of SPSS (or related statistical packages) would have added advantage.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and communication and presentation skills
How to apply
Send application to email@example.com and application must include the following documents:
- Professional resume (CV) named as: CV_”family name”
- Motivation letter named as: MotivationLetter_”Family name”
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc) named as: Transcripts_”family name”
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of at least 1 professional referee.
|Subject areas||Food safety and toxicology, Environmental Health, Bioscience Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Jun 01, 2021|