The Department of Mathematics at Radboud University is inviting applications form an outstanding, highly motivated PhD candidate for numerical analysis of nonlinear sound wave propagation.
About the project:
- The goal is to gain a deeper understanding of ultrasonic effects through numerical analysis and simulation.
- The selected candidate will be encouraged to attend and take part in scientific meetings.
- The project is led by Dr Vanja Nikolic and funded for 4 years. It has a light teaching load.
- Upon successful completion, he/she will be awarded a PhD from Radboud University.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Mathematics completed before the start date.
- Strong background in analysis, numerical analysis, or optimisation of partial differential equations.
- Applicant must possess keen interest in programming.
- Applicant must possess excellent writing and communication skills.
Applications to be addressed to Dr. Vanja Nikolic and submit it online and applications should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation
- Transcript of records for Bachelor’s and Master’s studies
- Abstract of Master’s thesis (if applicable)
- Contact details of at least one academic reference
|Fellowship amount||€ 2,972 per month (gross)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||9 February 2020|