The Department of Mathematics at Radboud University is seeking an outstanding, highly motivated PhD candidate for numerical analysis of nonlinear sound wave propagation.
About the position:
- The work in this area will focus on the numerical analysis of nonlinear sound waves. You will develop and mathematically analyse suitable numerical approaches for the simulation of nonlinear acoustic wave propagation.
- The goal is to gain a deeper understanding of ultrasonic effects through numerical analysis and simulation.
- The selected candidate will be encouraged to attend and take part in scientific meetings.
- The project is led by Dr Vanja Nikolic and funded for 4 years.
- It has a light teaching load. Upon successful completion, candidate will be awarded a PhD from Radboud University.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics completed before the start date.
- Strong background in analysis, numerical analysis, or optimisation of partial differential equations.
- Keen interest in programming.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Apply online and application should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
- Transcript of records for Bachelor’s and Master’s studies.
- Abstract of Master’s thesis (if applicable).
- Contact details of at least one academic reference.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||9 February 2020|