The Department of Mathematics, Mathematical Institute at Utrecht University is offering a 4-year PhD position in arithmetic geometry under the supervision of Marta Pieropan.
About the position:
- As a PhD student, the primary task will be to carry out research in the context of Diophantine geometry: investigate rational points on Fano or similar varieties over fields that are not algebraically closed, such as number fields or function fields; the precise goals of the research project are flexible and will be adapted to your strengths and interests. In addition, the candidate is expected to carry out some work as a teaching assistant within the department.
- Applicant must hold M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, or to obtain such a degree before the starting date of the PhD project.
- Applicant must have a strong background in algebraic geometry or number theory.
- A working proficiency in English will be necessary, as well as a collaborative and enterprising attitude towards research in mathematics.
How to apply:
Apply online and application must include the following:
- A letter of motivation explaining interest in the position;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcripts of grades;
- The names and email addresses of two references.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||7 February 2021|