The Department of Astrophysics at Radboud University is inviting applications for a PhD position in Astrophysics, Black Holes, Event Horizon Telescope.
About the position:
- The PhD candidate you will work with Prof. Heino Falcke on issues related to imaging black holes. The topic can be in either theoretical or observational astrophysics or a combination thereof, depending on your preference and talents.
- PhD topics can range from numerical simulations of black hole accretion flows and light propagation in curved space times to radio interferometric observations, data analysis and black hole imaging, or black hole parameter extraction from VLBI data using various methods, including machine learning.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree Astronomy, Physics or equivalent.
- Applicant is expected to be excited to work in a stimulating and international team.
- Applicant must have a drive for scientific quality and rigour with the curiosity to find answers to the next big questions.
Apply online and application should include the following attachments:
- A motivation letter (one paragraph, 1200 characters).
- Names and contact details of two references.
|Subject areas||Astronomy, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||2 August 2020|