PhD position in membrane technology (The reference number of the position is:NT- 05/16) at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology|
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Materials Science|
|Eligibility||Open for International students|
This position is financed by the Research Council of Norway through the “CLIMIT” program and within a project entitled “New polymeric membranes for CO2 capture (POLYMEM)”. The proposed starting date is 15thAugust, 2016.
- The primary objective of this project is to develop, characterize and test a “new generation” of gas separation membranes for CO2 capture.
- The theme of the PhD research is the evaluation of CO2 separation membrane under industrial separation conditions.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- The applicant must have an MSc (or equivalent) in chemical engineering, organic chemistry, materials science or other relevant disciplines
- Background in membrane separation.
- Experimental skills and experience in membrane and/or CO2 separation
- Knowledge in process simulation will be considered an advantage.
- The successful candidate should be creative, with a strong ability to work problem oriented. He/she should also enjoy interdisciplinary research and take keen interest in learning and working in teams.
- The position requires spoken and written fluency in the English language.
- Applicants from non-English-speaking countries outside Europe must document English skills by an approved test.
- Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English(CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Further information can be obtained from Associate Professor Liyuan Deng, Department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU, Tel. +47 735 94112, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Procedure: The application should sent the following documents –
- Applications with CV,
- Certificates from both Bachelor and Master,
- Publications and other scientific works,
- Copies of transcripts, (copies of documentation on English language proficiency test)
- reference letters should be submitted.
Applications must be submitted electronically through this page.
Deadline: 1stMarch 2016