Nordita’s PhD Fellows visitor program is intended to offer selected PhD fellow the opportunity to spend time at Nordita and take advantage of the research environment and ongoing scientific activities at the institute and the AlbaNova University Center in Stockholm.
- Visiting PhD fellows may also be interested in taking PhD-level courses offered at the Universities in Stockholm area.
- This can, in particular, include collaboration on research projects with Nordita academic staff and participation in Nordita Scientific Programs in areas of interest to the students, but should also be viewed as an opportunity to broaden their general knowledge and to interact with researchers working in diverse areas of modern theoretical physics.
- Duration and Starting Dates
- A visiting PhD fellowship will be awarded for a period of up to three months, providing accommodation and travel to and from Stockholm, but no salary or per diem.
- Starting dates for stays at Nordita are flexible.
- Requirements: A visiting PhD fellow must be registered as a PhD student in theoretical physics or a related subject.
- A visiting PhD fellow must have a local host, normally one of the Nordita faculty, who takes on a mentorship role during PhD fellow’s stay at Nordita. Before an application is submitted, the host and the prospective PhD fellow should agree on the research plan along with the duration and dates of the visit.
- How to Apply: An application for visiting PhD fellowship is submitted by the Nordita host via email to email@example.com, and should contain the following data:
- name and e-mail of the applicant
- their home institution
- start date and topic of their PhD thesis
- name and e-mail of thesis advisor
- a letter of recommendation from a referee familiar with the applicant, e.g. from their PhD advisor
- applicant’s CV
- short (no more than one page) description of prospective research activities at Nordita
- letter of motivation written by the Nordita host
Applications may be submitted any time and will be evaluated twice a year, with the deadlines on the 15th of June and the 1st of December.
If you have any questions, or need help in selecting a local host, feel free to contact one of the coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 15th of June, and 1st of December