PhD candidate in Evolutionary Developmental Biology at the Sars International Centre for Marine Molecular Biology (Sars Centre), University of Bergen (UiB)
There is a vacancy for a PhD position at the Sars International Centre for Marine Molecular Biology (www.sars.no/) affiliated with the project “Evolution of nutrient homeostasis and reproduction in animals”.The Sars Centre belongs to the University of Bergen and is partner with The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) www.embl.de/. The position is in collaboration with the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at the University of Bergen. The place of work will be at the Sars Centre.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Master’s degree or the equivalent in biology including developmental biology, cell biology, genetics or physiology, or must have submitted the master’s thesis for evaluation before expiry of the application deadline.
- Experience in molecular biology methods is a requirement
- Prior experience in animal genetics, evolutionary developmental biology research, or with next-generation transcriptome analysis is advantageous.
Your application must be in English and include:
- A brief account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for two reference persons. One of these must be the main advisor for the master’s thesis or equivalent thesis.
- Transcripts and diplomas showing completion of the bachelor’s and master’s degrees, or official confirmation that the master’s thesis has been submitted.
- Relevant certificates/references.
- Publication list (if any)
The application and appendices with certified translations into English must be uploaded at Jobbnorge.
Deadline: February 19, 2016
Further information about the position can be obtained from Group Leader Dr. Patrick Steinmetz, tlf +47 55 58 43 51, email email@example.com