PhD Research Fellow in Biocompatible Piezoelectric Ceramic Coatings in Natural Sciences and Technology at The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
|Organization||The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Natural Science, Material Science and Engineering, ceramic Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Norwegian State salary scale.|
|Eligibility||Master of Science|
|Deadline||01 March 2016.|
About the Program: Research position in the field of synthesis, characterization and optimization of piezoelectric ceramic coatings for biomedical applications is available. The position is financed under the Research Council of Norway FRINATEK scheme through the project “Piezoimplants”. The project focuses on the development of biocompatible ceramic coatings and aims to optimize these for load-bearing, biomedical applications.
- Ceramics processing,
- Materials characterization,
- Electron microscopy,
- X-ray diffraction
- The candidate should hold a university degree (Master of Science or equivalent) in materials science and engineering, ceramic engineering, materials chemistry/physics or equivalent.
- Background and experience in synthesis of inorganic materials, ceramics processing and materials characterization including mechanical properties as well as electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction is desired.
- Additional expertise in dielectric and piezoelectric characterization techniques or piezoresponse force microscopy would be of interest
The application should contain:
- CV including certificates from Bachelor and Master as well as Reference letters.
- List of publications with bibliographical references.
- Documentation of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) if English or a Scandinavian language is not the applicant’s mother tongue.
- A statement on when the applicant can start in the position if selected.
- Applications must be submitted electronically.
- Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
- Mark the application with ref.no NT-06/16.
Dr Julia Glaum
Phone +47 73 593 983