The Department of Physics and Astronomy at Uppsala University is inviting applications for a PhD position in Materials Physics.
About the project:
- The project concerns development of concepts and routes for obtaining active control of light using nanomagnetic architectures.
- The magnetism to form adaptive and reconfigurable flat optical devices using a novel class of magnets – two-dimensional lattices of single-domain nano-magnets – as a means to achieve control will be used.
- The selected candidate will participate in experimental work in nanofabrication of nanomagnetic arrays and characterize them with magneto-optical spectroscopy and scattering techniques.
- Magnetic microscopy and magnetization dynamics studies will be included in the project.
- Applicants should have a degree of Masters of Science in Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Science.
- Good knowledge of the English language in writing and speaking as well as the eagerness to learn the Swedish language is mandatory.
- The position will require work at international facilities, such as neutron and synchrotron sources as well as using the excellent laboratories in Uppsala.
- Good computer skills are a merit, as well as good knowledge of condensed matter physics, mathematics and practical laboratory experience.
Apply online and application must include the following:
- Personal letter with a short description of and the reasons why the candidate is interested in the position.
- Authorized copies of degrees and diplomas
- Copies of bachelor or master thesis and other documents (publications)
- Names and contact details of at least two scientists that have offered to act as references with a clear indication of their relationship to you.
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|