A PhD position is available at the Department of Ophthalmology at University of Bern has open position for a PhD student to join the research group of Dr. Denise Zysset working in the field of microbiomics.
Tasks and responsibility:
The project encompasses the following tasks:
- The impact of the intestinal microbiome on retinal diseases as well as on the complement system, the impact of the ocular surface microbiome on ocular surface diseases, and the interaction of the intestinal with the ocular surface microbiome.
- For whole genome sequencing, the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Platform of the University of Bern and the Interfaculty Bioinformatics Unit (IBU) Germ free (GF) mice will be used to study possible associations of the intestinal and ocular surface microbiome with ocular diseases, working in the Clean Mouse Facility (CMF) of the University of Bern.
- Candidate must be highly motivated student with a strong interest in microbiomics to join our group.
- Basic knowledge in microbiome analysis is an advantage.
- The position requires a degree in Biological Sciences.
- The introductory Course in Laboratory Animal Science is required.
- Fluent spoken and written English is a prerequisite for this position.
How to apply:
Send applications as a single PDF document including a motivation letter, CV and references by email to Dr. Denise Zysset: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||University of Bern|
|Subject areas||Biological Sciences|
|Deadline||Open until filled|