The Biomolecular Systems Department at Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces invites applications for a highly motivated PhD student in the field of Molecular Biology in the group led by Prof. Seeberger. The candidate should have a degree in Molecular Biology or closely related fields, with an outstanding profile, a strong background and interests in monoclonal antibody (mAb) production from single B cells. The selected candidate will be part of the biology team discovering bacterial glycan-specific mAbs from vaccine-induced memory B cells employing molecular and cellular biology techniques. The position is available starting from September 1, 2021.
- Applicant must hold M.S. degree in Biology or Life Science.
- Experience in molecular biology and cell culture techniques is a prerequisite
- Strong knowledge and experience in molecular cloning (e.g. primer design, mRNA purification, PCR, sequencing analysis, transfection, protein expression and purification)
- Experience with flow cytometry (FACS) and immunoassay (e.g. ELISA) would be beneficial
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Passion for developing therapeutic antibodies for infectious diseases
- Fluency in English
Submit application via an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject PhD Student Molecular Biology – [Name, Surname], with attached PDF version of CV and a short cover letter.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces|
|Subject areas||Biology, Life Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||June 30, 2021|