The Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology invites applications for a PhD position in Theoretical Biology (Marie Curie Research Fellow). The scope of the work includes ecological, organismic, molecular, and theoretical approaches. Applications are invited for a 36-month, Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network (ETN) ‘EvoGamesPlus’ (EC GA: 955708).
About the project:
- The MPI based ESR will work on the project “Eco-evolutionary dynamics of complex multiplayer games” supervised by Dr. Chaitanya S. Gokhale.
- The candidate will be a part of the Research Group for Theoretical Models of Eco-evolutionary Dynamics, within the Department of Evolutionary Theory at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology.
- The project will focus on complex multiplayer evolutionary games. Evolutionary game theory has been extensively developed in both well-mixed and structured populations.
- Candidates with a background in mathematics, dynamical systems and computational studies are desired.
- A strong interest in learning about sociobiological processes is necessary. Knowledge about evolutionary games and learning algorithms is a bonus.
- The expected start date is no later than August 2021 and will last for three years from the exact start date.
- Candidate should be within 4 years after acquiring your MSc degree (or equivalent degree which allows you to undertake a doctoral study in Germany).
- Candidate should not have lived in the country where the project takes place for more than one year during the past 3 years
Application to be sent as single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Motivation letter (why is this project appealing to you? Which existing skills will you use? Which new skills will you learn?)
- Contact details of two referees
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology|
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Biological Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th May 2021|