The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) at University of Basel is seeking a highly motivated PhD Student to join the Visual Cortex Plasticity Group.
About the position:
- The PhD candidate will study and work on processes and mechanisms to uncover the mechanisms that gate plasticity to shape cortical circuits during learning.
- This will involve research on neuronal circuits, the development of novel technologies for the chronic manipulation and recording of neuronal activity, and of strategies for targeted interventions that enhance plasticity.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Biology, Physiology, Neuroscience, or Physics.
- Background in animal experiments or programming
- Experience in behavioral training of mice, two-photon imaging and programming is welcome
- Knowledge of biology, physiology and/or neuroscience
- Highly motivated to contribute to the understanding of learning and memory and striving for excellence in this field of research
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a collaboration team member
- Fluent written and spoken English
Submit application documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com (reference number (IOB072) on the subject line and include the following documents in your application.
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Details of 2 references
- List of 2-3 courses that inspired you during your studies and please describe why in couple of sentences.
- Download link to Master’s thesis
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Biology, Physiology, Neuroscience, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||24 January 2021|