The Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) are inviting applications for a PhD position. The position is available within Mechatronic System Design group of the Department of Precision and Microsystem Engineering. The project will be in collaboration with researchers at Harvard University and successful candidate will be expected to act as a team player and possibly be able to travel for a short stay during PhD.
About the project:
- In this project PhD student will develop a synthesis method for design of mechanism-based flexible mechanical metamaterials that perform mechanical computation and act, for instance, as multi-input logic gates, e.g. AND, OR, NAND, XOR, etc.
- Furthermore, candidate is expected to fabricate the developed designs and evaluate them experimentally.
- Applicant must hold university master degree in Mechanical/aerospace engineering, materials science, physics or a related area.
- A background in mechanism science, in finite element method and computational tools and background in programming (e.g. MATLAB, Python);
- Applicant must hold ability to conduct interdisciplinary research, and act as a team player.
- Willingness to participate in education, including supervising master and bachelor students;
- Applicant must possess good command of the English language and good communication skills.
Apply online and upload the following document:
- A letter motivating the application for this position (cover letter);
- Curriculum vitae with publications;
- Grade transcripts and BSc and MSc diploma;
- A short research statement
|Organization||Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)|
|Subject areas||Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||20 April 2021|