The Institute for Chemistry and Biology of the Marine Environment (ICBM) at the University of Oldenburg invites applications for a Doctoral candidate (m/f/d). The position will start from 01.04.2021 until 31.03.2024. The position will be filled after the third-party funding has been finally confirmed and is limited to a project duration of 3 years.
About the Project:
- The candidate has to apply a coupled physical-biogeochemical ocean circulation model based on unstructured grids to the North Sea region with special focus to the German Bight to simulate the response of different carbon storages to anthropogenic impacts.
- As part of the project, the candidate will have to couple and adapt the biogeochemical model ERGOM to the hydrodynamic model FVCOM and will further have to perform model simulations for various atmospheric forcing conditions on high-performance computer clusters.
- In addition, inverse mathematical methods will have to be applied to quantify sources of chemical species based on model simulations and field measurements.
- Applicant must hold academic university degree (M.Sc. or diploma (not of a University of Applied Sciences) in physics, oceanography, mathematics, biomathematics or environmental science.
- Experience in mathematical and/or physical modelling with some relations to oceanography and ecology, in basic numerical mathematics, programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, MATLAB or Python), Linux operating systems and parallel cluster environments is helpful but not mandatory.
Application to be sent via email to Dr. Karsten Lettmann (email@example.com) using subject “ProCarbon” including cover letter, CV, certificates and references in a single document.
|Organization||University of Oldenburg|
Physics, Oceanography, Mathematics, Biomathematics, Environmental Science
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|