The Chair of Social Networks at the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, ETH Zurich, invites applications for a Doctoral position to study social network through time. The project will study the dynamics of social networks.
About the project:
- The project may involve development and discussion of social theory, planning and conducting of network data collection, development and application of statistical methods and development of scientific software.
- The project’s research design must be explained by the scholar in the Ist year of the Doctoral program together with the research group.
- Recipient will receive training in multiple sub-disciplines of social networks research.
- The research project may also focus on the development of statistical models and software solutions for social network dynamics and their application to relevant research questions in the social sciences.
- The preferred starting date is early 2017.
Duration: 3 years; fully-funded
- Applicant must hold an excellent master’s degree in sociology, political science, social psychology, statistics, or computer science (or a related field)
- Applicant must be motivated to incorporate elements of different disciplines in the research project.
- The applicant must be English proficient and keen to work in an English speaking environment.
- Letter of motivation
- Description of research project ideas and how they relate to prior and ongoing work of the research group (one-page)
- Grade/academic transcripts
- Contact details of 3 referees
- Applications to be submitted online to: ETH Zurich, Mr. Olivier Meyrat, Human Resources, CH-8092 Zürich.
|Subject areas||Sociology, Political Science, Social Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
For Further Details: Click