The Tropical Crop Improvement Laboratory, Division of Crop Biotechnics at KU Leuven is inviting applications for a PhD Position to Investigate Plant Resistance to DNA Viruses.
- Profiling of virus populations in crop genotypes contrasting for virus resistance
- Identification and characterization of genome-wide significant loci
- Bioinformatics analysis of virus resistance loci
- Validation of candidate gene (s) by transient assays and stable transformants
- Candidate must hold degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or other relevant degree.
- The successful candidate should have a demonstrated experience in bioinformatics and molecular biology.
- Creative with a strong interest in fundamental and applied research
- Good academic performance at the MSc and BSc levels
- Demonstrated capacity to write (scientific writing) and communicate in English
- Eager to learn new techniques
- Able to integrate in an international working environment
How to apply:
Biology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 31, 2021|