PhD in Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry: CNMS Jain University Bangalore
Applications are invited for doctoral positions in chemistry at Centre for Nano and Material Sciences (CNMS), Jain University, Bangalore India to work on “The development of new affordable therapeutic compounds to tackle antimicrobial drug resistance”.
Antibiotics are becoming increasingly ineffective as drug resistance spreads globally leading to more difficulty to treat infections and death. New affordable anti-bacteria’s are urgently needed to treat carbapenem-resistant gram-negative bacterial infections as identified in the WHO priority pathogen list. Bacterial infections like urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted infections, sepsis, and some forms of diarrhea, high rates of resistance against antibiotics frequently used to treat these infections have been observed worldwide, indicating that we are running out of effective antibiotics.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc. in Chemistry. Applicants should have obtained at least 60% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
- Preference will be given to CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) or GATE qualified candidates.
- The ability to work closely and collaborate with colleagues is a must.
- Applicants having training on organic/ inorganic synthetic methodologies, chromatographic purification and characterization of the compounds (NMR, IR, and other commonly used spectroscopy techniques) shall be preferred.
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
- The initial appointment is for one year, and extendable up to three years based on performance.
How to apply:
The application should contain a detailed resume (including the name of at least two references), one photograph, contact details, photocopies of educational/professional qualifications, 01 page summary of the research project undertaken (by email/post; email preferred with proper subject line). Please also mention the preferred date of joining, if selected.
Send your application through email (Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Type of position||PhD|
|Subject||Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry|
|Organization||Centre for Nano and Material Sciences, Jain University Karnataka|
|Closing date||Until filled|
Dr. Amit Kumar Tyagi
Professor Bioinorganic and Clinical Chemistry
Centre for Nano and Material Sciences, Jain University
Jain Global Campus, Jakkasandra Post Kanakapura Road,
Bangalore – 562112
Email id: email@example.com