PhD and Postdoc at the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR): National Fellowships are awarded to eminent Indian Social Scientists in recognition to their scholarly contributions and providing opportunities to engage themselves in full-time research that have the potential to contribute in advancement of knowledge in social sciences.
Disciplines of study:
- Sociology and Social Anthropology;
- Political Science / Public Administration;
- International Studies;
- Social Geography and Population Studies;
- Commerce and Management;
- Social Psychology;
- Social Linguistics / Socio-Cultural Studies;
- Law / International Law;
- National Security & Strategic Studies;
Other allied Social Science disciplines (Library Science, Social Work, Media Studies, Modern Social History, Health Studies, Gender Studies, Environmental Studies, Diaspora Studies, Area Studies, Sanskrit-Society & Culture, etc.)
TYPES OF FELLOWSHIPS
ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship
1. The scholar should not be more than 45 years of age on the last date of application. There shall be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates;
2. The scholar must possess a Ph.D. degree in any of the social science disciplines at the time of application.
Fellowship duration and value Post-Doctoral Fellowship is a full time research work.
1. The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years.
2. The value of the fellowship is Rs.28,000 p.m. and contingency grant is Rs.20,000/-p.a.
Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship
1. The candidates must have confirmed Ph.D. registration (Research Degree Committee (RDC) approved) at any of the institutions.
2. Minimum 50% marks in Graduation and 55% in Post-Graduation or equivalent grades in any social science disciplines
Fellowship duration and value
1. Doctoral Fellowship is a full time research work.
2. The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years.
3. The value of the fellowship is Rs.16,000 p.m. and contingency grant is Rs.7,500 /- Rs.15,000/-p.a.
|Organization||Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)|
|Fellowship Level||PhD, Postdoc, Research|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||As Per UGC norms|
- Name of Organisation Field Value