The Departments of Nanoscale Science and Nanochemistry at the Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research has announced the joint opening of a PhD/Postdoc Position in Electronic Structure Characterization of New Topological Quantum Materials.
About the position:
- Candidate is expected to be highly motivated and enthusiastic experimentalist with a strong background in condensed matter physics (specifically in solid state spectroscopic techniques), interested in the discovery of new quantum materials and their electronic properties and who enjoys working in an interdisciplinary team of solid state physicists, materials chemists, and theorists.
- The successful PhD candidate will be enrolled in the International Max Planck Research School for Condensed Matter Science (IMPRS-CMS). Particularly outstanding candidates may have the opportunity to join the Graduate Center for Quantum Materials (GC-QM).
- Excellent background in the electronic structure of quantum materials
- Experience in (synchrotron-based) angle-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy and in other spectroscopic techniques is beneficial.
- Technical proficiency in MatLab, IGOR, or LabVIEW will be helpful.
- The candidate enjoys working independently in a team as well as in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
Application letterto be sent via E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- List of publications
- Names of two referees
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research|
|Subject areas||Physics, Material Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 31, 2019|