The Professorship of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Prof. Jude Przyborski/ Prof. Dr. Katja Becker), Institute of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Nutrition, and environmental Management at Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU), invites applications for a part-time position to the extent of 50% full-time equivalent as a PhD student / Research Associate.
- Own scientific further education and university didactic qualification; scientific service in research and teaching according to §65 HHG, especially collaboration in current research projects of the Professorship.
- Assumption of teaching duties in accordance with the Teaching Obligation Ordinance of the State of Hesse
- Conduct malaria cell culture (S2 laboratory)
- Fluorescence microscopy and immunofluorescence
- Production of mutants of the malaria pathogen Plasmodium falciparum using CrispR Cas9. Cloning of the constructs by PCR or gene synthesis. Determination of IC50 and Ki values of various inhibitors on these mutants
- Guidance of master students in the execution of their experimental master thesis
- Applicant must have completed Master’s or equivalent University degree in Biochemistry, Biology or related subject
- Willingness to work in a highly interactive and interdisciplinary team
- Interest in tropical infectious diseases
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong background in cell culture, microscopy and molecular biology
- Send application quoting the application number 101/09 with the usual documents to the President of Justus Liebig University Giessen, Erwin-Stein-Gebaeude, Goethestrasse 58, 35390 Giessen, Germany.
|Organization||Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU)|
|Subject areas||Biochemistry, Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 2nd, 2021|