The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Technology Management, Faculty of Science and Technology at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a open PhD position related to computational material science: thermoelectric materials and machine learning. The position is part of the Allotherm project on “High-throughput alloy design of superior thermoelectric materials” funded by the Research Council of Norway. The PhD position is for a period of 3 years, or up to 4 years if teaching and other work duties are agreed.
- Implementation of computational methodology to evaluate thermoelectric properties.
- High-throughput density functional theory calculations
- Machine learning
- Analysis of material properties
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Physics or Material Science
- Applicant must have excellent grade record and strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Familiarity with Python or related scripting languages
- Experience using density functional theory, in particular plane-waves codes such as VASP or Quantum Espresso.
- Experience on material modeling and/or theoretical condensed matter physics
- Familiarity with thermoelectric or related transport calculations
- Good programming skills or familiarity with machine learning
Apply online and include (electronically) the following:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full publication list
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts of academic records (all certified),
- List of two persons who may act as references (with phone numbers and e-mail addresses).
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Material Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||7th April 2021|
- Total Jobs 57 Jobs
- Address Norway