PhD Scholarship in Advanced Nanomaterials at the RMIT
The department is seeking highly motivated PhD students to work on an ARC funded project.
Research Area: Scalable and controllable nanomaterial assembly and deposition.
- Innovation in nano-materials has played a key role in the evolution of efficient energy conversion and storage. Incorporating nano-materials into electronic devices has been considered a promising approach for developing next-generation devices with high efficiency and high sensitivity.
- The way to deposit /assemble these nano-materials into the device is critical for functionality and properties.
- This project will focus on how to control the structures of nanomaterial on various surfaces and how to modulate optical properties with different structures.
- The obtained new nanostructures will be applied for sensing and energy-related applications.
During this PhD program, the candidate will gain intensive knowledge in nanomaterials, nanotechnology and surface fabrication through hands-on experiments as well as collaborations with international experts.
Benefits: Up to $31000 per annum for three years with a possible extension of six months (full time).
Qualification / Eligibility
Candidates with backgrounds in materials/chemistry/engineering are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Hold first-class honours or 2A honours or equivalent or a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline of engineering/science;
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an international student meeting the minimum English language requirements;
- Provide evidence of good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- Fulfill RMIT’s entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
To apply, please submit the following documents to Dr Lei Bao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a cover letter (research statement)
- a copy of electronic academic transcripts
- a CV that includes any publications/awards and the contact details of 2 referees.
For international applicants, evidence of English proficiency may be required.
Prospective candidates will be invited to submit a full application for admission to the PhD Chemical Engineering Programme (DR217).
Scholarship applications will only be successful if prospective candidates are provided with an offer for admission.
Open date: Applications are now open
Deadline: Applications will close once the candidate is appointed.
|Subject areas||Science: Chemical Engineering, Nanotech|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree in relevant subject|
|Deadline||Applications are now open|