DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and public service. Staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,300 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future.
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU)|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biochemistry|
|Fellowship amount||According to standardized EU rules for ITN grants|
|Eligibility||Master of Science degree in Chemistry|
|Deadline||15 February 2016|
About the Program
The PhD student will be part of the EU-funded project “Protein-excipient Interactions and Protein-Protein Interactions in formulations” (PIPPI). The current PhD project focuses on Characterization of solution structure of multi-domain proteins and protein complexes. Many biopharmaceuticals are multi-domain or multimer protein complexes.
Disciplines / Subject areas
- Applicants should hold a Master of Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, pharmaceutical science, chemical engineering or an equivalent background that provides a strong set of analytical skills.
- The applicant should have a strong interest in working in a cross-disciplinary environment and should have very good collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills and a strong academic record is an advantage.
- Fluent communication skills in written and spoken English are essential.
- The applicant should strive towards scientific excellence, be ambitious and hard working. Only applicants with great talent, which seeks to be among the brightest in their field, will be considered.
- Applications must be submitted as one pdf filecontaining all materials to be given consideration. All your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system.
- To see guidelines and excel spreadsheet visit here
- A personal statement (up to 2 pages) about the applicant’s experience, interests and career goals
- The candidate should sketch a plan to illustrate how his/her experience will be applicable in the project. This should show the ability to structure the later studies
Register and apply here: Click here
Other Important Information: Click here
Note: Please do not send applications to this e-mail address, instead apply online.