The Department of Materials Technology at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has doctoral candidate position vacant in coatings and surfaces to reduce fouling in marine applications of materials. The PhD project is a collaboration between IMA and the Program for Industrial Ecology (Department of Energy and Process Engineering), as well as NTNU Ocean.
- Materials that often experience fouling, especially materials such as the polymer-based cage wires in aquaculture plants, will be investigated and characterized, and focus will be on developing new, environmentally friendly and sustainable coating materials for coating technology to prevent / reduce fouling.
- There will be a focus on the relationship between mechanical properties and structural / functional aspects of the surface. In particular, today’s cage impregnation process will be studied to find new, effective and environmentally beneficial material solutions with better anti-fouling properties.
- One of the important goals of the project is to understand how to combine good resistance to fouling with the durability of the material in a sustainable way.
- The work therefore also includes carrying out sustainability analysis.
- Candidate must have completed your master’s degree / master’s degree (equivalent to 120 credits) with a strong academic background in chemistry (material chemistry), materials technology or equivalent education with a grade B or better compared with NTNU’s grade scale.
- The fields of nanotechnology and biotechnology are also of great interest.
- Applicants without letter grades from previous studies should have an equally good academic foundation.
- Applicants with a poorer background may be considered if it is documented that the candidate is particularly suitable for a PhD.
- Long experience in practical laboratory work is important.
- Background and experience with coating, surface treatment and mechanical properties are desirable.
- Candidate must possess fluent oral and written ability in English
- Apply online with CV, diplomas and certificates. Applicants invited for interview must bring certified copies of testimonials and diplomas.
- The application is marked with reference number: NV-62/20
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Material Science, Material Chemistry, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
- Total Jobs 9 Jobs
- Address Norway