Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) has opening for a PhD Student in Advancing Operando X-Ray Imaging of Water in Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells PEFC.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Advance PEFC electrochemical characterization capabilities of imaging setups
- Design and test a X-Ray tomographic microscopy XTM compatible PEFC with metall based flow field plates
- Identify suitable beam hardening artefact removal approaches
- Explore machine learning based image segmentation
- Study the influence of operating conditions and fuel cell components on the water distribution in the porous layers of the cell
- Participate in industry collaboration projects
- Publish results in well regarded journals
- Applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Engineering Sciences, Physics, Computational Sciences or a related field and are acquainted with electrochemistry and/or X-Ray imaging methods.
- Applicant must have experience in experimental work, computer-aided design CAD and image processing and you like to adapt your skills to a new interdisciplinary working environment.
Submit application online including addresses of referees as a PhD Student (index no. 5422-00).
|Organization||Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)|
|Subject areas||Engineering Sciences, Physics, Computational Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 July 2020|