Stockholm University, Department of Zoology invites applications for PhD position in Ethology. The department has five divisions: Ecology, Ethology, Functional Morphology, Population Genetics, and Systematics and Evolution. The advertised position will be part of the Division of Ethology.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree (or equivalent) or have passed at least 120 hp (2 years) of biological studies, including an approved independent project of at least 30 hp at advanced level within Ethology, Zoology, Behavioural Ecology, Evolutionary Biology or a related subject.
- Applicants who have in principle acquired the corresponding competence in Sweden or in another country are also qualified.
- Applications from International students are encouraged.
- Applicant must have a strong interest in sexual selection, with excellent analytical skills and experience with quantitative analyses of behaviour and other traits of interest.
- Applicant having experience in working with aquatic animals in the lab will have an edge.
- Applications to be submitted online. Following documents are required to be uploaded with the application:
- Applicants contact details and personal data; highest degree; language skills; contact details for 2 references
- Cover letter with personal presentation and motivation for the project.
- CV (degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses)
- Degree certificates and grades (attested) confirming that you meet the qualification requirements (max. 6 files)
- Degree projects/thesis (max. 3 files).
Reference Number: SU FV-2575-16
|Subject areas||Biology, Zoology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 November 2016|
For Further Details: Click